ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following sentence a part of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5. He was waiting for a/an pounce to catch him red-handed thus waited for a long time outside his house. A. Amendment B. Rant C. Opportunity

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following sentence a part of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5.

He was waiting for a/an pounce to catch him red-handed thus waited for a long time outside his house.

A. Amendment

B. Rant

C. Opportunity

1). Only A
2). Only C
3). Both B and C
4). All the three

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The word 'pounce' means 'jump' and does not convey any meaning here. 

Amendment=> change

Rant=> to speak or shout in a loud, uncontrolled, or angry way, often saying confused or silly things$

Opportunity=> chance

Thus option C is the word that conveys a proper meaning here that the person was waiting for a chance to catch someone red-handed.Thus option 2 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. "What time does the flight arrive?" she asked the receptionist.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. To have a finger in every pie

3. I would then look A- do some hand-holding and when they were B- around for my colleagues to C- not in sight pray for divine intervention

4. In these questions, the sentence has two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for the blank which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

5. These are your new shoes, _?

6. The following sentences form a paragraph. The second and fifth sentences of the paragraph are given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as P, Q, R, S and T. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and rearrange them to form a meaningful paragraph then answer the

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I prefer to ride than to walk.

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I wish I am (1)/ the richest person (2)/ in the whole wide world (3)/ No error (4).

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).This work of art is worthy to praise.

10. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.  For ages,  P : the Indian psyche has been  Q : geared towards devoting one’s life  R : to the welfare of all