ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Choose an appropriate word from the options to suitably fill the blank in the sentence below so that the sentence makes sense, both grammatically and contextually. We _______ finished reading at least half of the novel by the end of this week.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 14 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose an appropriate word from the options to suitably fill the blank in the sentence below so that the sentence makes sense, both grammatically and contextually.

We _______ finished reading at least half of the novel by the end of this week.

1). Will have
2). Will have been
3). Have
4). Has been

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The blank should be filled with 'will have' which is the future perfect tense, which is used for actions that will be completed before some point in the future. The format is: will have + [past participle]

The rest of the options are cancelled as their tenses are wrong.

Hence the correct answer is option 1.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the given passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the four given alternatives. The improvement in India’s “Doing Business” rankings was quite a surprise, and among the few pleasant ones in recent weeks. What did the government do right? If busines

2. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.)

3. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.Hardly had I stepped(A)/out of my house when(B)/I saw them coming towards my house.(C)/No error(D)

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Digress

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.To make someone feel completely baffled.

6. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. These movies right now are a red herring as I have my exam next week.

7. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.  (People have been long known) how important the trees are to them.  

8. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: But when it comes to negative human rights reports or one on the environment, it rubbishes them. Q

9. Below a passage is given, with five blanks labeled (A)-(E). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. People have shifted from one place to another for livelihoo

10. What is the active/passive of - Father going to punish you as well as your rowdy friends.