ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given four words as answer choices and from the four choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. The criminal tried to _________ with the stolen money. A) Corner B) Decamp C) Accost D) Abscond

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 23 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given four words as answer choices and from the four choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.

The criminal tried to _________ with the stolen money.

A) Corner

B) Decamp

C) Accost

D) Abscond

1). A-B
2). B-D
3). C-D
4). A-C

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Let us first understand the meaning of the words:

To corner means to force someone into a situation or place. 

To decamp means to flee or leave a place suddenly and secretly.$

To accost means to approach and address someone boldly or aggressively.$

To abscond means to leave hurriedly and secretly (to avoid arrest).$

The only apt options here that can make the sentence meaningful are decamp or abscond, viz, B and D. 

Therefore, the correct answer is option 2.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Fill in the blank with the most appropriate word out of the four alternatives suggested below the question. The statue was so _______ that people stared at in horror.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. Harry stabbed Nick in the back by leaking his company's information to the rivals.

3. A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. Just as space permeates everything in the universe, love permeates every part, every aspect of creation. If there is one answer to the que

4. In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions is implicit in the statement.Give answer (a)if only assumption I is implicitGive answer (b)if only assumption II is implicit Give answer (c)if either I or II is implicit Give answer (d)if neither I nor II is implicit Give answer (e)if both I and II are implicit

5. Fill in the blanks. The ______ of the flowers ______ me so much that I could not take my eyes off them.

6. Rearrange the following SIX sentences/ group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E), (F) and in proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them . A. The dal is made of lentils while churma is a coarsely ground wheat mixture crushed . B. Baati is h

7. What is the synonym of word .MENTOR

8. Choose the alternative which is opposite in meaning to the given word SPECIAL

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Many persons must have read(l)/The Arabian Nights', (2)/ which is very interesting. (3)/ No error (4).

10. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Growth in agricultural output over the past thre