ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase. High and mighty

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: ssc     | ssc cgl     | ssc cgl tier 2     | ssc cgl 2017     | ssc cgl 21 04 2018     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/Phrase.
High and mighty
1). An unr eliable person
2). Experts
3). Hopeful
4). Arrogant

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

2 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
NA

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. I've worked for hours on those irregular French verbs, but no pain, no gain.

2. In the given question, a passage with seven blanks is given and the options for the blanks are jumbled. You are required to fill the correct word in the blanks  The past year has been marked by some major reforms. The___(A)____ (encountered) Goods and Services Tax (GST) was laun

3. In the following question, 2 columns are given containing three phrases/ sentences each. In the first column sentences A, B, C and in the second column D, E, F are given. A sentence from the first column may or may not connect with another sentence/phrase from the second column to make a grammatical

4. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:I used to look (1) to the holidays. I was usu

5. Thought the Cold War has ended selective tactics are still continuing for ensuring the military and economic dominance of developed countries Various types of technology denial regimes are still being enforced which are now being mainly targeted against developing countries like India Today we in I

6. Direction: Below, a passage is given with ten blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. The Arab Spring, the uprising that rapidly sprea

7. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’.  Buddhism originated in Ancient India around 6th and 4th (1) / centuries BCE, from where it spread through most (2)/ of Asia, and then it declines in India during the Middle Ages. (3)/ No error (4) 

8. Read the following passage carefully and answer the given questions.There is no field of human endeavour that has been so misunderstood as health, while health which connotes well-being and the absence of illness has a low profile; it is illness representing the failure of health which virtually mon

9. When he asked me the way to the cafeteria I told him to follow his nose .

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.I took the grinder yesterday.