ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice.Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. No one responded to my cries for aid

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: active and passive voice     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice.Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.

No one responded to my cries for aid

1). My crying for aid didn't get any response
2). I cry for aid and no one responded to me
3). My cries for aid was not responded to by anyone
4). Aid is not cries for anyone to respond

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
The correct answer to this question would be option 3. Since option 1 changes the tense of the sentence, option 2 is grammatically incorrect and option 4 does not even have a stable meaning.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Which of the following is the MOST OPPOSITE in meaning to the given word?  Desultory

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) The bride said /(B) that she would not /(C) marry the over /(D) thirty-five. /(E) No Error.

3. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.Anyone wishing to enroll in the programme should send in there applications before the end of this month.

4. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error' . Modern medicines has scored significant victories (1)/ against both infection and trauma - (2)/ the major causes of ill health and death. (3)/ No error (4)

5. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/Phrase.  Cut the mustard

6. In the question four words are given out of which only one word is correctly spelt. Find the correctly spelt word.  

7. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’. True positive thinking starts by embracing reality in its myriad (1)/ shapes and forms; it involves the ability to feel negative emotions when you have to, (2)/ and still maintain hope enough to keep on going. (3)/ No error (4)

8. Select the correct meaning of the idiom. Donkey work

9. The current geopolitical arrangement in the Indian Ocean is changing considerably. The recent years have been witnessing an increased Chinese presence in the region, with China making a surprising shift from the Western Pacific and North Sea to the Indian Ocean. Moreover, there is no denial of the f

10. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order.It may not be a simpleP-someone does stand to gainQ-by keeping farmers dividedR-case of 'divide and rule', but