ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the given question, two equations numbered l and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and mark the appropriate answer I. a2 + 22a + 85 = 0 II. b2 - 79b = 0

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: algebra     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

In the given question, two equations numbered l and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and mark the appropriate answer

I. a2 + 22a + 85 = 0

II. b2 - 79b = 0
1). a < b
2). a > b
3). a ≤ b
4). a ≥ b

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

I. a2 + 22a + 85 = 0

⇒ a2 + 17a + 5a + 85 = 0

⇒ a(a + 17) + 5(a + 17) = 0

⇒ (a + 5) (a + 17) = 0

Then, a = (-5) or a = (-17)

II. b2 - 79b = 0

⇒ b(b - 79)

Then, b = 79 or b = 0

So, when a = (-5), a < b for b = (0) and a < b for b = 79

And when a = (-17), a < b for b = (0) and a < b for b = 79

∴ we can observe that a < b.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Direction: What should come in place of question mark (?) in the following question? (You do not have to calculate the exact value.) 902.91 ÷ (13.98 ÷ 2.05) × 35.02 = (?) - 399.85

2. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? \(3 - \left( {\frac{1}{5} + 1 \div \frac{1}{2}} \right) - \left[ {\left\{ {\frac{4}{2} - \frac{3}{2}} \right\} + 1} \right] \times \frac{7}{8} = ?\)

3. What will come in place of the question mark '?' in the following equation? 35% of 250 + ? = 345

4. Given below is a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. What is the present age of Austin? I. Austin’s age was one third of Gary’s age 3 years back. II. Austin’s will be half of Gary’s age after 14 years.

5. Direction: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of mathematics to choose the best possible answer. What is the average age of the children in a class? I. The age of the teacher is as many years as the number of children. II. The average age increases by 1 year if the teacher’s age is also included.

6. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? \(\left[ {\left( {1\frac{2}{3} + 5\frac{6}{2}} \right) \div 29} \right] \times \frac{9}{8} = \left( {12 \times 5\frac{1}{6}} \right) \times \frac{3}{{31}} - ?\)

7. 16 litres of alcohol-water mixture in ratio 3 ∶ 1 is mixed with 20 litres of milk-water mixture in ratio 4 ∶ 1. Find the percentage of water in the new mixture.

8. Given below are two quantities named A and B. Based on the given information, you have to determine the relation between the two quantities. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. Quantity A: A and B can do a work in 8/3 days, B and C can do the same work in 3 days and A and C can do the same work in 24/5 days. In what time C alone can complete the work? Quantity B: 15

9. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following question? \(\left( {\frac{5}{6} \div 17\frac{1}{2}} \right) \div \left\{ {\frac{1}{{10}}\left( {23 + \frac{{21}}{{99}} - \frac{{98}}{{99}}} \right)} \right\} = ?\)

10. A spherical shell has inner radius of 13 cm and outer radius of 15 cm. If a hemisphere is made with same volume as shell, then find the radius of hemisphere.