ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question given below a sentence is given and it is divided in three parts I,II,III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday lauded sports personalities 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question given below a sentence is given and it is divided in three parts I,II,III. For each part a correction statement is also given. You have to determine which part requires correction and mark it as your answer.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday lauded sports personalities / on National Sports Day, and said that this year had been great for Indian / sports as the country’s athletes have excelled in various tournaments. 

I Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Wednesday lauded sports personalities

II on National Sports Day, and said that this year has been great for Indian

III sports as the country’s athletes have excelled in various tournament.

1). Only I
2). Both I and II
3). Both I and III
4). Only II

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Here the error lies in Part II only. 'This year' is what we are talking about. It means the year that is ongoing. So we can't use 'had.' Had is used for a past event. So we must use 'has been great' instead. Has been great means, When we say ''has been something'' it means the process hasn't ended yet.

So option 4 is correct.  

Correct sentence:

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday lauded sports personalities on National Sports Day, and said that this year has been great for Indian sports as the country’s athletes have excelled in various tournaments. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In each question below,a sentence with four words printed in bold type is given. These are numbered as (1),(2),(3),(4).One of these four words printed in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate, if any. The number of that word is your answer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and also appropriate in the context of the sentence mark (5)i.e. 'All correct? as your answer.

2. Arrange the given words in the sequence in which they occur in the dictionary. 1. Window 2. Wedges 3. Walker 4. Warehouse 5. Walnut

3. Given below is a passage with five blanks (A-E). A word written in bold is given against each blank. If the give word is inappropriate, choose the word from the options which fills the blank most appropriately, else select ‘No improvement’ as your answer. The Reserve Bank of India Gover

4. GLUTTONY

5. What is the substitute of - One who practises one of the fine arts

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.Nisha said to Swati, ' Will you help me in my project just now?'

7. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - He said. " I intend to leave for Delhi tonight."

8. In each of these questions, two sentences I and II are given. Each sentence has a blank in it. Five words (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) are suggested. Out of these, only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence. Number of that word is the following.

9. Choose the passage that is correctly punctuated.

10. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’. Depend upon the actual size of the deficit which the government wishes to finance, there may be several equilibria. A. Depending on B. Depends on C. Based upon D. Basing on