ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions following it. Certain words have been highlighted for your attention. Cloud computing is the use of data centre servers and software networks to dynamically allocate resources and run applications for remote end users. Typically div

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions following it. Certain words have been highlighted for your attention.

Cloud computing is the use of data centre servers and software networks to dynamically allocate resources and run applications for remote end users. Typically divided into three categories (private, public, and hybrid) cloud deployments have grown rapidly in recent years, promising cost savings and greater flexibility over traditional private data centres.

Virtualisation is key for cloud computing. By allowing physical servers to run one or more virtual machines on demand, cloud architectures offer rapid scaling and efficient allocation of server resources on the fly.

Private cloud refers to cloud infrastructure dedicated to a single company and accessed by a private network connection, operating on servers managed either internally or by a third-party provider. For many organisations in highly regulated industries, private clouds remain the solution of choice. Cloud infrastructure platforms such as OpenStack offer a framework for private cloud deployment and management, and a bevy of vendors have begun releasing supported versions of the open source platform.

The public cloud ___________ (A) Amazon Web Services, which sell server resources (rather than dedicated physical servers) accessed over a public network such as the Internet.

Hybrid cloud (sometimes called 'cloud bursting') is the combination of multiple clouds. For example, a company could use public cloud services to handle temporary bursts of activity that exceed private cloud capacity. Some companies also use private clouds for certain sensitive business units while hosting less critical applications on the public cloud.

Which of the following appropriately fils blank A?
1). Referred to facilities such as
2). Refers to services such as
3). Refers to
4). Means

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The correct answer is option 2.

It is the most appropriate set of words to fill the blank A given in the passage.

It would make a sentence like this:

The public cloud refers to services such as Amazon Web Services, which sell server resources (rather than dedicated physical servers) accessed over a public network such as the Internet.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. The vast body of salt water that covers almost three fourths of the earth's surface.

2. Which of the phrases (A),(B),(C),(D), given below each statement should replace the phrase printed in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is given and ?No correction is required? mark (E) as the answer.

3. Read the following information carefully and answer the question given below A famous museum issues entry passes to all its visitors for security reasons Visitors are allowed in batches after every one hour In a day there are six batches A code is printed on entry pass which keeps on changing for ev

4. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memories reminded m

5. What is the correct alternative of - I hadn't heard from him for nearly ten years in which time I had got married and had two children.

6. In the following questions, some of the sentences  have errors and some have none , Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is your answer. If there is no error, your answer is (4) . i.e. No error.  

7. A sight for sore eyes 

8. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.He is a fast bowler of repute, but his yesterday's performance was not up to the mark.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. The pursuit of pleasure

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer these question. Certain words/phrase have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the question.Over the last three centuries, the world economy has evolved from a predominantly agriculture-based system to a digital economic