ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Given below are two quantities named A & B. Based on the given information, you have to determine the relation between the two quantities. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. Quantity A: If all the 6 letter words that can be formed using the letters of the word ORIENT are arranged as in a dictionary, what will be the rank of ORIENT? Quantity B: 438

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 94 | Tags: permutation and combination     | mix     | Add Bounty

Given below are two quantities named A & B. Based on the given information, you have to determine the relation between the two quantities. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers.

Quantity A: If all the 6 letter words that can be formed using the letters of the word ORIENT are arranged as in a dictionary, what will be the rank of ORIENT?

Quantity B: 438
1). Quantity A > Quantity B
2). Quantity A < Quantity B
3). Quantity A ≥ Quantity B
4). Quantity A ≤ Quantity B

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Quantity A:

ORIENT

First we will fix the first letter: E, I & N then O will come;

No. of words possible with E as the first letter = 5! = 120

No. of words possible with I as the first letter = 5! = 120

No. of words possible with N as the first letter = 5! = 120

Now, we will fix first two letters: OE, OI and ON, then OR will come;

No. of words possible with OE as first two letters = 4! = 24

No. of words possible with OI as first two letters = 4! = 24

No. of words possible with ON as first two letters = 4! = 24

Now, we will fix first three letters: ORE, then ORI will come;

No. of words possible with ORE as first three letters = 3! = 6

Then the word ‘ORIENT’ will come (It will be the first word starting with ORI)

∴ Rank of ‘ORIENT’ in the dictionary = 360 + 72 + 6 + 1 = 439

Quantity B: 438

∴ Quantity A > Quantity B

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given in the statement is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose the best possible answer. What is the monthly income of Anil? I. The average monthly income of Anil and Sheena is Rs.6080. Average income of Sheena and Geeta is rs.7090 and Anil and Geeta is Rs. 8010. II. Twice Geeta’s income is Rs. 10000.

2. Replace the words if needed and choose option 5 if 'No replacement' is needed. The development of statistical concepts and frameworks for tourism has not kept intact with the changes in the nature and significance of tourism worldwide and its impediment for future growth. I. development-construction II.intact-pace III.impediment-potential

3. Directions: In the question below are given three statements followed by three conclusions numbered I, II, and III. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given conclusions

4. Direction: Study the following information carefully and answer the given questions. In a certain code language ‘he won gold man’ is written as ‘ee ce ba ab’, ‘man won the plan’ is written as ‘ac aa ce ee’, ‘project plan for man’ is written as ‘aa ee ef bb’ and ’agenda project for plan’ is written as ‘bb cc aa ef ’.Which of the following means ‘project’ in that code language?

5. Directions: Read the following information carefully and answer the given question below: P $ Q means P is brother of Q; P % Q means P is sister of Q; P @ Q means P is mother of Q; P # Q means P is father of Q.Which of the following means C is the maternal uncle of E?

6. A man walks 12 km east from his home and reaches 1st signal. From 1st signal he takes left turn and walks 4 km and then he takes right turn and walked 6 km and again he takes right turn and walks 7 km and again takes right turn and reaches to 2nd signal. If it is given that 1st signal is in north from point 2nd signal, then what is the minimum distance between 1st and 2nd signal?

7. Directions: These questions are based on the following set of numbers. 386     752     961     573     839If in each number, the first and the third digits are interchanged, which number will be the second largest?

8. Directions: In the following question assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the conclusion among given conclusions is /are definitely true and then give your answers accordingly. Statements: T < C > I ≥ J; K ≤ N; I = M < N; T < M Conclusions: I. K ≥ J II. N = C III. C > J IV. T < N

9. In the following question two equations are given in variables x and y. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between x and y. I. 5x2 – 16x + 11 = 0 II. 5y2 – 3y – 2 = 0

10. Select the phrase/connector from the given options which can be used in the beginning (to start the sentence) to form a single sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. A cup of coffee can cause an increase in blood pressure. Typically, this increase is short, temporary, and will result in no negative effects in the long-run.