ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the phrase/connector which can be used to frame a single sentence from the given two sentences without changing the meaning. The weather was cold. We decided to stay indoors. I.The weather being cold II.Deciding to stay indoors III.As we decided

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 38 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the phrase/connector which can be used to frame a single sentence from the given two sentences without changing the meaning.

The weather was cold. We decided to stay indoors.

I.The weather being cold

II.Deciding to stay indoors

III.As we decided

1). Only I
2). Only II
3). Both I and II
4). All of these

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Only I can start the sentence.

The weather being cold we decided to stay indoors.

Option 1 is thus the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.It was a pleasant (1)/ four hours drive (2)/ from Pune to Nakhik. (3)/ No error. (4).

2. Rearrange the following six sentences/ group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them. A. From what we eat to how much energy we consume: everything is trackable, B. Not least because our gadgets

3. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.

4. The sentence(s) given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. Bitcoin valuations tumbled _______ 20 percent last year.

5. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to "No improvement".Taking the test, the teacher gave me a passing grade.

6. In each question below a sentence with tour printed in bold type is given. Th:-se are numbered as a:, b:, c: and 41. One of these four words print,: in bold may be either wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context or .he sentence. Find out the word. which is wrongly spelt or inappropriate. it The number of that word is you! swer. If all the words printed in bold are correctly spelt caul also appropriate in the context of the SC111.(11C(-. ii ii k e: i.e. All Correct? as your answer.

7. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - She said , " I am sorry, I did not write."

8. What is the substitute of - A system of Government in which only one political party is allowed to function

9. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.I saw the master conducting the orchestra.

10. What is the antonym or opposite of word Capture