ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences.   Land surrounded by water on three sides

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 18 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Out of four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences.  

Land surrounded by water on three sides

1). Island
2). Peninsula
3). Subcontinent
4). Beach

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Island = land surrounded by water on all sides.

Peninsula = land surrounded by water on three sides.

Subcontinent = a large distinguishable part of a continent.

Hence, Option 2) is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

2. Nadira ........... little dilhculty in finding a job after her graduation.

3. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. The Supreme Court’s decision to lay down stringent “safeguards” in the enforcement of the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes

4. The Supreme Court has ............... tourism in the core area of the forest.

5. Which of the following is the incorrectly spelt word?

6. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The country’s higher education system should be “re-imagined and reconstructed” if we want to tap the potential of our burgeoning young population and make India the skill capital of the world, vic

7. In the following question, choose the word SAME in meaning to the given word. EMBEZZLEMENT 

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Vartika wears spectacles and so (A)/ she was unable to recognize the actor (B)/ she has seen last night. (C)/No error (D)

9. The following question contains a sentence with one blank only. Below are given four words as answer choices. You have to choose an option with choices which can make the sentence complete. The _________ nature of the student had made him seem more dangerous to the administration. A. Subversive B. Aggressive C. Reversion D. Reverent

10. In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the given alternatives. The hills of Portugal are very high and ___(1)___, Pico Ruivo, rises 5068 feet perpendicularly from its base. The sides of these