ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence? If none of the options is appropriate, mark (5) i.e. None of these as the answer.   Cricket has transcended all boundaries and brought people together, ___________________.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 75 | Tags: verbal ability     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Which of the phrases (1), (2), (3) and (4) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence? If none of the options is appropriate, mark (5) i.e. None of these as the answer.  

Cricket has transcended all boundaries and brought people together, ___________________.

1). With India claiming the No. 1 spot in ODIs.
2). With it spreading its wings around the world.
3). With the Indian cricketers living in serenity.
4). With the people willing to pay any amount of money to see talent.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
The blank must show how Cricket has transcended boundaries and brought people together, which none of the 4 options do here. Hence, Option 5) is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' There had been over a thousands candidates, all vie in for the same position.  A. thousand candidates all vying B. thousands candidates all vying C. thousand candidates all trying

2. In the following questions, you have a brief passage with some questions following the passage. Read the passage carefully and choose the best  answer to each question out of the four ways.      During the Vietnam War a young army officer had seen a lot of deaths and

3. Direction: Which of the phrases a), b),c) and d) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence?If none of the sentences is appropriate, mark e) i.e. 'None of these' as the answer.

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I could not put up at a hotel (1)/ because the board and lodging charges (2)/ were too expensive.(3)/ No error (4).

5. What is the synonym of word .GARNISH

6. To die in harness

7. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are also printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate words in each case.Today, twenty-two years after the bank (1),

8. In each of these questions, two sentences (I) and (II) are given. Each sentence has a blank in it. Five words a:, b:, c:. d: and e: are suggested. Out of these. only one fits at both the places in the context of each sentence. Number of that word is the answer.

9. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. _______________ the course of the development of different life-forms heredity—which, in plain English, is unconscious memory

10. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.