ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech.  “Are you going to eat with us?” he asked.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 25 | Tags: direct and indirect speech     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect Speech. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct Speech. 

“Are you going to eat with us?” he asked.

1).

He asked me if I was going to eat with them.

2).

He asked whether he was going to eat with them.

3). He inquired whether I am going to eat or not.
4).

She asked me if he was going to eat with them. 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The quoted part is in the present continuous tense (are you going) => we will have past continuous tense (was going) in the reported speech. You has been used => it changes to I. Thus, Option 1) is the correct answer.

HE asked = rule out 4).

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the substitute of - A body of persons appointed to hear evidence and give their verdict in trials

2. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. If fantasies could be real, everyone might have wanted an ______ cut-off point at which they could instantly block out all stre

3. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Women ____1____ up half the world?s population and

4. The students wanted a holiday, but the Principal put his foot down and said , ' No'.

5. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the "No error" option. The teacher looked in shock (A)/ at Billy and asked if there is any (B)/ possibility of a moral to his story. (C)/ No error (D)

6. Below, a passage is given with five blanks labelled (A)-(E). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. According to Nietzsche, life is an instinct of growth, for

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A)The stayed in kashmir /(b) for a very short /(c) period of time and them (D) the returned home./(E) No Error.

8. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The tragedy is reflection of an episode that took place a decade ago.

9. Read each of the following sentences to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one pan of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation, if any).

10. What is the synonym of word .Jealous