ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'. I read poetry (1)/ because I am (2)/ much interested in it. (3) Not everyone does. (4)/ No error (5)

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 43 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.

I read poetry (1)/ because I am (2)/ much interested in it. (3) Not everyone does. (4)/ No error (5)

1). 1
2). 2
3). 3
4). 4

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The error is in the third part of the sentence.

It should be 'interested in it' instead of 'much interested in it'. 'Much' is a quantifier and thus cannot be used here since one can not express his/her feelings in a specific amount.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.  Phobia of dogs

2. In the following questions, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the button corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.I and my wife (A) / were declared (B) / the best couple at the party (C) / No error (D).

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.If we have no definite aim before us (1)/ we would only wonder about in aimless pursuits (2)/ and achieve nothing. (3)/ No error. (4).

4. Find out the misspelt word

5. Select the word with the correct spelling.

6. P : When all the credit worthy people were given loans to a logical limit, they ceased to be a part of the market. Q : Even this would have been understandable if it could work as an eye opener. R : Owing to the materialistic culture elsewhere, it was possible to keep selling newer products to the consumers despite having existing ones which served equally well. S : They were lured through advertising and marketing techniques of 'dustbinisation' of the customer; and then finally, once they became ready customers, they were given loans and credits to help them by more and more.

7. Below is given a single word with options to its opposite meaning in different contexts. You have to select all those options which are antonyms of the word when the context is changed. Select the correct alternative from (1), (2), (3), (4) and (5) which represents all those antonyms.   SHABBY A) New B) Stout C) Tricky D) Decent

8. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given four words as answer choices and from the four choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. Rajeev's speech led to a _________ applause from the audience.  A) Despicable B) Reprehensible C) Tumultuous D) Thunderous

9. Select the phrase/ connector from the given three alternatives, which can be used to form a single coherent sentence from the sentences given below, implying the same meaning. The storm had badly affected the town. All the trees were uprooted. I. Having the storm badly affect the town II. Having uprooted all the trees, the storm Ill. Being badly affected by the town

10. What is the synonym of word .ACCOUTREMENTS