ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given in the statement is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose the best possible answer. In a company there are manage

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 61 | Tags: data sufficiency     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

Directions: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given in the statement is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose the best possible answer.

In a company there are managers and clerks. The total monthly salary of the employees is Rs. 3.5 Lakh. What is the total number of employees in that company?

I. The ratio of the no. of managers to that of clerks in the company is 3 : 2.

II. 25% of the clerks’ monthly salary is Rs. 26,000.
1). If the data given in statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question whereas the data given in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
2). If the data given in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question whereas the data given in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
3). If the data in either statement I alone or in statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.
4). If the data in both the statements I and II is not sufficient to answer the question.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

Total monthly salary of the employees is given to be 3.5 lakhs.

Considering statement I,

Let the no. of managers be 3x and no. of clerks be 2x. That gives us total employees as 3x + 2x = 5x. But the total number of cannot be found further than 5x as we do not know the value of x.

∴ Statement I alone is not sufficient.

Considering statement II,

The salary of the clerks is given but that doesn’t lead us to the total number of employees as well.

∴ Statement II alone is not sufficient.

Considering both the statements together, we still do not get the answer.

∴ Statements I and II TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Direction: What approximate value will come in place of (x) in the following questions? \(294.01 \times \frac{x}{{7.01}} - 9.99\% \;of\;129.99\;x\; = \;231.99\; \div \;0.99\)

2. What is the probability that when a fair coin is tossed 2 times then at least one of them are heads?

3. In the following question two equations are given. You have to solve these equations and determine relation between a and b. I. a2 - a - 156 = 0 II. b2 - b - 210 = 0

4. Direction: Study the following table carefully and answer the questions given below it The following table shows the number of different categories of vehicles sold in the country over the years (in thousands) Year Heavy Light Commercial Vehicles Cars

5. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 4, 90, ?, 9790, 98010

6. Directions: What will come in place of the question mark (?) in the following number series? 113, 225, 449, 897, ?, 3585

7. If the diagonal of a cube is increased from 10√3 cm to 15√6 cm, by how much percentage is the surface area of the cube increased?

8. You are given a mixture of 18 litres, where the ratio of milk and water is 3 ∶ 2. If 3 litres of this mixture is replaced by 3 litres of milk, then what will be the ratio of milk and water in the newly formed mixture?

9. Direction: Mohit Bhola must travel from Delhi to Mumbai covering 2600 km. He covers 1/52 fraction of distance by Auto rickshaw and 3.84% of distance by car. The remaining distance he covers via Train. The cost of travel by auto rickshaw and car is decided by the number of kilometres he covers. The c

10. Zinc and copper are in the ratio of 5 : 3 in 400 gram of an alloy. How much gram of copper should be added to make the ratio of zinc to copper as 3 : 5?