ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Emend

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it.

Emend

1). Attribute
2). Destroy
3). Rectify
4). Resolve

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

To emend means to make corrections and revisions to something. $

To attribute is to regard as caused by something. To destroy is to end or ruin. To resolve is to decide.$

Out of the given options, only 'rectify' can give a similar meaning to the suggested word.$

e.g. I decided to rectify the problem.$

Therefore, the correct answer is option 3.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) I cannot allow you to/(B) go out of the class/(C) unless the teacher comes/(D) and gives me some instructions./(E) No Error.

2. Choose an appropriate word from the options to suitably fill the blank in the sentence below so that the sentence makes sense, both grammatically and contextually. Reinforcement is any consequence that _______ behaviour.

3. What is the correct alternative of - I asked him to copy the sentence word for word

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is similar in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Adust

5. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.When you have(A)/gone through my notes, (B)/give the same to me.(C)/No error(D)

6. In these questions, read the sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Mark the part with the error as your answer. If there is no error, mark ?No error? as your answer. (Igno?re the errors of punctuation, if any).

7. Improve the bracketed part of the sentenceGrandfather always (finds faults) with the poor gardener.

8. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.Have you ever felt the responsibility _______ looking after your parents?

9. Read the passage and answer the following questions. The government is set to launch a healthcare scheme for senior citizens as part of its social security initiative. .In the absence of access to government medical facilities, healthcare is seen as a crucial missing link for senior citizens who ha

10. Read the passage given below and answer the questions that follow the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Paragraph 1: Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar romped home because of a three-shot victory at the Macao Open to bag his eighth Asian Tour title. As a r