ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the phrase/connector which can be used to frame a single sentence from the given two sentences without changing the meaning. It was quite late in the evening. She decided to start the next day. I.   As it was quite II.  Deciding to start III. It being late 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 20 | Tags: grammar     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Select the phrase/connector which can be used to frame a single sentence from the given two sentences without changing the meaning.

It was quite late in the evening. She decided to start the next day.

I.   As it was quite

II.  Deciding to start

III. It being late 

1). Only I
2). Both I and II
3). Both I and III
4). Both II and III

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

The sentence can be started using I and III. Option II cannot act as a link and no proper sentence can be formed.

As it was quite late in the evening she decided to start the next day.

It, being late in evening she decided to start the next day.

Thus option 3 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Choose the word/ group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/ group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

2. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. A (dilatory) attitude often increases problems in a relationship.

3. Which of the phrases (a) (b) (c) (d) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence? If none of the sentence is appropriate marks (e) as the answer.

4. A sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four given alternatives, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. You asked me if I had read the article.

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. After the partition and independence of India in 1947, India’s role as pivot for security in Asia slipped away for two reasons: ideological and

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).I have been living in Delhi from 1989.

7. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The gypsies had left the village a few days ago.

8. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.The government allocated Rs 1,000 Cr for __________________ of historical monuments.

9. What is the correct alternative of - If you type a word that is not in word's dictionary, a wavy underline appears below the word.

10. What is the substitute of - An exaggerated statement