ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

1 vote

A number consists of two digits. The sum of the digits is 10. On reversing the digits of the number, the number decreases by 36. Find the product of the two digits.

Asked on by | Votes 1 | Views: 106 | Tags: algebra     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

A number consists of two digits. The sum of the digits is 10. On reversing the digits of the number, the number decreases by 36. Find the product of the two digits.

1). 32
2). 21
3). 42
4). 36

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Let the unit’s digit and ten’s place digit of the number be x and y respectively.

∴ Number = 10x + y

Now, according to the question,

x + y = 10      ----(1)

And,

10x + y = 10y + x + 36

⇒ 9x – 9y = 36

⇒ x – y = 4      ----(2)

Solving the equations (1) and (2), we get,

x = 7 and y = 3

∴ Required product of the two digits = 7 × 3 = 21

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What will come in place of ? in the following equation? 81% of 2300 – 34% of 596 = ?

2. What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following question? \(8\frac{1}{3} - 5\frac{1}{4} \times 13\frac{1}{5} \div 6\frac{3}{5} = ? - 2\)

3. Directions: In each of these questions, two equations (I) and (II) are given. You have to solve both the equations and give answer I.2x2 + 9x - 180 = 0 II. 3y2 + 7y - 110 = 0

4. What should come in place of the question mark (?) in the following question? \(\sqrt[3]{?} = \left( {36 \times 24} \right) \div 54\)

5. A receptacle is filled with a mixture of two liquids L1 and L2 in the ratio of 7 : 5. Due to poor handling, 9 litres of mixture fell from the receptacle and the volume was made up with L2, thus the ratio of the both liquids in the mixture becomes 7 : 9. Find the initial quantity of L1 in the mixture.

6. Find out the approximate value which should replace the question mark (?) in the following question. (360.97 ÷ 19) × 99.98 – (288.97 ÷ 17) × 99.98 = ?

7. A sum of Rs. 817 is divided among Amit, Banti and Chintamani such that ‘Amit’ receives 25% more than ‘Banti’ and ‘Banti’ receives 25% less than ‘Chintamani’. What is the ‘Amit’ share in the amount?

8. Direction∶ In the following question, two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equation and given answer. I. 3x2 - 11x - 4 = 0 II. 3y2 + 8y - 16 = 0

9. What is the compound interest accrued on a sum of Rs. 1,800 at the rate of 4% per annum in 2 years?

10. Direction: Each question below is followed by two statements I and II. You have to determine whether the data given is sufficient for answering the question. You should use the data and your knowledge of mathematics to choose the best possible answer. What is the average age of the children in a class? I. The age of the teacher is as many years as the number of children. II. The average age increases by 1 year if the teacher’s age is also included.