ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Directions: In the following questions two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and Give answer: I. \(\frac{{17}}{{\sqrt x }}\) = √x – \(\frac{7}{{\sqrt x }}\) II. y3 – \(\frac{{\left( {3\;\times \;8} \right)\frac{9}{2}}}{{y\sqrt y }}\) = 0

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 24 | Tags: algebra     | numerical ability     | Add Bounty

Directions: In the following questions two equations numbered I and II are given. You have to solve both the equations and Give answer:

I. \(\frac{{17}}{{\sqrt x }}\) = √x – \(\frac{7}{{\sqrt x }}\)

II. y3\(\frac{{\left( {3\;\times \;8} \right)\frac{9}{2}}}{{y\sqrt y }}\) = 0
1). if x > y
2). if x ≥ y
3). if x < y
4). if x ≤ y

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

I. $(\frac{{17}}{{\sqrt x }} = \sqrt x - \frac{7}{{\sqrt x }} = 0)$

⇒ $(\frac{{17}}{{\sqrt x }})$ + $(\frac{7}{{\sqrt x }} = \sqrt x)$

⇒ $(\frac{{17\; + \;7}}{{\sqrt x }})$ = √x

⇒ 24 = x

II. y3 – $(\frac{{\left( {3\; \times \;8} \right)\frac{9}{2}}}{{y\sqrt y }})$ = 0

⇒ y9/2 = 249/2

⇒ y = 24

When x = 24, x = y for y = 24

∴ x = y

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions: Study the table carefully to answer the questions that follow: Number of students studying in six different standards in six different schools Standard→ School↓ I II III IV V VI

2. In the following question, two statements are numbered as A and B. On solving these statements we get quantities A and B respectively. Solve for the both quantities and choose the correct option. Quantity A: A positive number is such that adding its square root to itself gives another number e

3. What should come in place of question mark ‘?’ in the following number series? 12, 12, 18, 36, 90, ?

4. The average speed of John in a journey was 40 km/hr. For first part of the journey, he travelled at 60 km/hr, and for the second part he travelled at 36 km/hr. What would be the ratio of distances covered by him in two parts of journey?

5. Directions: Table given below shows the total number of HR and percentage of HR attending seminar in five different days. The table also shows the ratio of MD and CEO attending seminar in five different days. Note - Total number of employees attending seminar = HR + MD + CEO Days

6. Two places Delhi and Mumbai are 162 kilometre apart. A train leaves Delhi for Mumbai and at the same time another train leaves Mumbai for Delhi. Both the train meet 6 hours after they start moving if the train travelling from Delhi to Mumbai travels 8 kmhr faster than the other train, Find the speed of faster train?

7. What will come in place of '?' in the following question? \(\frac{{? + 2.8 + 5.6}}{{3.5 - 2.1}} = 15\)

8. What approximate value should come in place of the question mark ? in the following question? (You are not expected to calculate the exact value) 25.05% of 2843.94 + 14.984% of 2399.987 = ?

9. Aman's expense is 30% more than Vimal's expense and Vimal's expense is 10% less than Raman's expense. If the sum of their expenses is Rs. 6447, then what would be the Aman's expense?

10. Given below is a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements is sufficient to answer the question. You should use the given data and your knowledge of Mathematics to choose between the possible answers. A square is drawn. What is the area of this square? I. Diagonal length is 5 cm more than side length. II. Perimeter of square is 20 cm more than diagonal length.