ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. The highest point

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 22 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.

The highest point

1). Tempest
2). Outpost
3). Archive
4). Zenith

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Correct Answer: Zenith

'Tempest' refers to a storm. An 'outpost' generally refers to a small military camp situated away from the main army. It also refers to a group of buildings in the remote part of a country or empire. 'Archive' is the collection of old documents or a place/file meant for storage. 'Zenith' is indicative of the highest point. 

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the active/passive of - Do they sell construction material

2. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.If you come across my umbrella anywhere, bring it to me, ______ ?

3. In following questions, which of the phrases given against the sentence should replace the word/phrase given in bold in the sentence to make it grammatically correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, select ?No correction required? as the answer.

4. Direction: Which of the phrases a), b),c) and d) given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence?If none of the sentences is appropriate, mark e) i.e. 'None of these' as the answer.

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Most of my friends (1)/ heard the earthquake (2)/ but I was totally unaware of it. (3)/ No error (4).

6. In the following question, a word has been written in four different ways out of which only one is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

7. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - The Principal asked me whether I had informed the Chief Guest the revised schedule the day before.

8. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates No improvement needed. All person in the world must pay attention to this fact.

9. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).He was hung for murder.

10. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and thenanswer the questions given below.A. It is the only country in the world that is carbon negative, which means itproduces more oxygen than it consumes.B. Bhutan, sandwich