ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Stupor

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: synonyms or antonyms     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given.

Stupor

1). Sensibility
2). Slumber
3). Liveliness
4). Consciousness

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Correct Answer: Slumber

Sensibility means quality of being able to appreciate and respond to complex emotional or aesthetic influences; sensitivity.

Slumber means sleep.

Liveliness means the quality of being outgoing, energetic, and enthusiastic.

Consciousness means the state of being aware of and responsive to one's surroundings.

The word stupor means a state of near-unconsciousness or insensibility. So, the word slumber is the correct option as it is similar to the word stupor.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. P- It had been umpteen years since we had seen each other.  Q- One dull dark day in autumn, I was travelling on horseback through a dreary stretch of countryside.  R- This was the house of Roderick Usher, who had been my childhood pal.  S- At nightfall, I came in sight of the house of Usher. 

2. What is the synonym of word HAGGARD

3. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. There may be some merit in this, but clearly, we need to look at the hawkers issue more broadly. For quite some time now, many middle-class citizens groups have urged strict action against hawkers,

4. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. The 24th Conference of Parties (CoP) of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), that begins tomorr

5. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) Speculations , on future events in the epidemiology, evolution, and biological expression of dengue are presented.(B) At the roo

6. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the five alternatives. Randomized experiments ___(A)___ on children by exposing them to violence in televisions and video games had a shocking rev

7. We wanted to keep the gift as a surprise for mother but my sister gave the game away .

8. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.He jumped on the lake

9. Rearrange the following five sentences/ group of sentences (A). (B). (C). (D) and (E) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph: then answer the questions given below them.(A) ?My horns are my weapons,? said the deer. ?I?m sharpening them.?(B) Frightened by the deer?s sharpened horns, he

10. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).She sat on the three to protect herself from the rain.