ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Choose the incorrect spelling of the words

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 88 | Tags: spellings     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the incorrect spelling of the words
1). Intransigence
2). Burgeon
3). Perfunctory
4). Controtion

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |

The correct words are:

Intransigence=> stubborn refusal to compromise or change$

Burgeon=> grow and flourish$

Perfunctory=> carried out without real interest, feeling, or effort.$

Contortion=> a bent position or shape$

Thus option 4 is the correct answer.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions.The term "shadow bank" was coined in 2007 to describe risky off-balance-sheet vehicles hatched by banks to sell loans repackaged as bonds. Today, the term is used more loosely to cover all financial intermediaries that perform bank-like a

2. Read the sentence to find out whether there is an error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. I am eagerly waiting (1) for the day when she (2) stop being so (3) dominating and abusive. (4) No error (5) 

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. One who does not care for literature or art

4. I was in a great hurry  P. to reach my daughter's Q. special dance performance R. school as she had a

5. Directions: In the following question, some parts of the sentences have errors. Find out which part of a sentence has an error. The number of that part is your answer. If there is no error, then your answer is (4) i.e. No error. He as well as (1)/ you like (2)/ to go. (3)/ No error (4)

6. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.Freedom fighters laboured (1)/ to the good of (2)/the poor enslaved masses.(3)/No Error (4)

7. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My father says, 'Prices are shooting up alarmingly.'

8. In the following question, a word has been written in four different ways out of which only one is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word. 

9. The clerk turned a deaf ear to his officer's advice.

10. In the following question, sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word (s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four. Although the policemen searched the place could not collect any evidence.