ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Below, a passage is given with eight blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. Three days after India declared its __ (A) __ &

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 50 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Below, a passage is given with eight blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer.

Three days after India declared its __ (A) __  to expand the share of non-fossil fuel energy to 40 per cent by 2030. India and Germany  __ (B) __ the Climate and Renewable Energy Alliance, with the __ (C) __ of German Chancellor Angela Merkel in India on Monday.

The two countries agreed on the India Germany Climate and Renewable Energy Alliance — a comprehensive __ (D) __ to harness technology, innovation and finance in order to make affordable, clean and renewable energy __ (E) __ to all and to foster climate change mitigation efforts in both countries with a long-term vision and a comprehensive agenda of __ (F) __ climate change. Germany has __ (G) __ to providing an assistance of over 1 billion Euros for India’s Green Energy Corridor and a new assistance package of over 1 billion Euros for solar projects in India. The partner country also intends to deepen research cooperation in clean and renewable energy, and energy efficiency.

According to an Indo-German joint __ (H) __ on climate change and energy technology cooperation, implementation of the Green Energy Corridors Partnership with an __ (I) __ German commitment of 1.15 billion Euros in the last two years is progressing well.

India and Germany have underlined that adaptation must be a central part of a balanced Paris Agreement. Both countries will endeavour to continue their long-lasting cooperation in integrating adaptation into __ (J) __ and state development planning and action.

Which of the following words most appropriately fits the blank labelled (E)?
1). Acceptable
2). Arable
3). Affordable
4). Accessible

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Arable => fertile.Accessible => reachable.Alienable => transferable to new ownership.The most appropriate choice is option 4) Accessible as clean and renewable energy must be accessible to all.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, one or more part/s of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part/s of the sentence has/have the error/s and click the option corresponding to it/them. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option.  When Madhu met me (A)/ accidentally at the salon, (B)/ she said to me that she was (C) too glad to meet me. (D)

2. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.When I (go) to Paris, I shall visit the Eiffel Tower.

3. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/ error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Select the part with the error as your answer. If there is no error, select ?No error? as your answer. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any)

4. Fill in the blanks with the most appropriate word from among the given options Giving ________ medicine, the doctor was able to infuse both natural and pharmaceutical treatments

5. The story of the train accident as of the survivors narrated by one made my flesh creep .

6. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error or idiomatic error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is ?No error? the answer is e:. (Ignore errors of punctuation if any)

7. Rearrange the following six sentences/ group ofsentences (A), (B), (C), (D). (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form ameaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.(A) All the labourers and the soldiers turned around and saw a but just a fewsteps away from the palace gate.(B) T

8. Children are playing the cricket match.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. Keep at bay

10. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. Leave no stone unturned