ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Below a passage is given with five blanks labelled (A)-(E). Below the passage five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits the blank most appropriately in the context of the passage and mark the corresponding answer. The alleged delay in providing treatment to a man thrashe

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 32 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Below a passage is given with five blanks labelled (A)-(E). Below the passage five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits the blank most appropriately in the context of the passage and mark the corresponding answer.

The alleged delay in providing treatment to a man thrashed by a __(A)__ on suspicion of cow smuggling, which led to his death, has brought the focus on the Rajasthan police. First they failed to prevent repeated incidents of mob lynching in the state and then they took their sweet time in getting the critically injured man to the hospital. The Alwar mob lynching was __(B)__ in both Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha. Congress President Rahul Gandhi demanded to know why it took cops three hours before the victim was taken to a hospital which was just a few kilometres from the lynching spot. In his tweet this morning, Mr Gandhi also targeted "Modi's brutal 'New India'" where __(C)__ rules and "people are crushed and left to die." On Friday, minutes before he walked up to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and suprised him with an unexpected hug, Mr Gandhi had told the packed Lok Sabha that love and __(D)__, not hatred and lynchings, was the way forward for India. "You may hate me, you may be angry at me; you may even call me pappu. You can hurl __(E)__ at me but I do not have any anger or hate for you. I am Congress, and all of them (the Opposition) are the Congress. 

Which of the following words most appropriately fits the blank labelled (C)?
1). Criminals 
2). Brotherhood
3). Hatred
4). Fraternity

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

The correct word here is hatred which means violence and enmity.  So option 2 is correct. 

Criminals : a person who has committed a crime.$

Brotherhood: the relationship between brothers.$

Fraternity: a group of people sharing a common profession or interests$

Fascists: radical authoritarian ultranationalist$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.He is one of thous writers (1)/ who has won acclaim (2)/ the world over. (3)/ No Error (4).

2. In these questions, the sentence has. two blanks, each blank indicating that something has been omitted. Choose the set of words for the blanks which best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.

3. Rearrange the parts of the sentence in correct order. The seismic-reflection P : important tool in the  Q : method is the most  R : search of petroleum reserves

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Everyone of the films (1)/ you suggested (2)/ are not worth seeing (3)/ No error (4).

5. In each question given below a sentence is given and is divided into three parts I, II and III. For each part a correct statement is also given. You have to determine what requires correct and mark it as your answer.  India has never encountered anything like China in its vicinity/ who in

6. Rearrange the following live sentences (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph, and then answer the questions given below :(A) But Gandhiji stuck to his principles and did not copy, thus, having to face scolding and ridicule after the inspector left.(B) G

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.No Porter being available (1)/ he carried (2)/ all his luggages himself. (3)/ No error (4).

8. In the following questions, four alternatives are given for the idiom / phrase in bold in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom / phrase To die in harness means to die while

9. What is the active/passive of - We are reaching the end of this exercise .

10. Arrange the sentences in proper order to form a meaningful sequence. A. Normalizing fright and violence is not a governance model and is a huge step in the wrong direction.  B. Society has a way of legitimizing questionable traits of their leaders, rightly or wrongly. C. It also ne