ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Read the passage and answer the following questions. With fresh reports that the Islamic State (IS) group has bombed Baghdad to produce the “bloodiest day in months,” it’s high time to take a hard look at the Obama administration’s military effort in the Middle East. Recall

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Read the passage and answer the following questions.

With fresh reports that the Islamic State (IS) group has bombed Baghdad to produce the “bloodiest day in months,” it’s high time to take a hard look at the Obama administration’s military effort in the Middle East. Recall that in September of 2014, President Barack Obama announced his strategy “to degrade and ultimately destroy” IS. The White House later fleshed out a “comprehensive strategy featuring nine lines of effort to counter ISIL.” ISIL is another name for the Islamic State group.

In execution of its part of this strategy, the U.S. military has not deployed large numbers of troops but rather used what it calls a “combination of factors“ in order to “enable local ground forces to push back” IS “by providing precision airstrikes, intelligence and advise-and-assist support.”

The perspective from the Middle East is not encouraging. Though information is scanty, what does exist shows that people in the Middle East have a significantly unfavorable view of the U.S. In a recent Pew Global survey, 83 percent of people in Jordan had an “unfavorable” view of the U.S. In Lebanon, it was 60 percent. In Turkey, 58 percent.

Even among Israelis, 63 percent rank Obama as the “worst” president in the last 30 years in relation to their country, despite the fact that there are no Arab armies today that are able to pose a serious threat to Israel.

Perhaps most frustrating is a State Department poll that shows that about 40 percent of Iraqis believe the U.S. is “working to destabilize Iraq and control its natural resources and nearly a third believe that America supports terrorism in general or IS specifically.” Some Iraqis even believe that they were better off under Saddam Hussein.

Which of the following can be inferred to be the real aim of USA?

I. To degrade and destroy IS.

II. To destroy terrorism in the Middle east but at the cost of its loss of superiority in the region

III. To make things difficult for Iraq for controlling its resources.

1). Only II
2). Both I and III
3). Only I
4). Both I and II

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
It is clearly mentioned in the passage and can be inferred that USA had planned to destroy terrorism but the actions taken were not appropriate and sufficient. Thus option 3 is the correct answer. The other options are not correct.' Recall that in September of 2014, President Barack Obama announced his strategy “to degrade and ultimately destroy” IS. '

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which best expresses the meaning of the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Disparate

2. In the following question, one part of the sentence may have an error. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and click the option corresponding to it. If the sentence is free from error, click the 'No error' option Aren't your father (1)/ and your elder brother (2)/ out of town? (3)/ No error (4)

3. I say a small A- prayer whenever I ring B- next assignment C- the doorbell to my

4. What is the synonym of word .ITINERANT

5. In the Northeast, the sun X-sets by four in the evening Y-morning and in winter it Z-rises as early as four in the

6. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, choose the word which is similar in meaning to the given word and click the button corresponding to it. Aleatory

7. What is the active/passive of - The walls had not been decorated by us .

8. Some parts of the sentence have errors and some are correct. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark 'No error' as your answer. The police comes immediately that day and helped people in that crisis. 

9. Read the passage and answer the following questions. Some of the words are highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Beijing now produces almost 15 billion pounds of municipal household waste each year; the landfill at Asuwei receives 7.2 million pounds. In an effort to deal with the gro

10. 177.The practice of taking perfor - mance boosting drugs 1. but checking it is not going to be easy. 2. is generally conceded to be unfair 3. of the detection technoloGY 4.for the user is general!}’ one jump ahead