ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up appropriate answer/s, which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. Ramesh said to Gita, "You _______ your money on expensive clothes.  I. Dissipate  II. Paid off  III. Ruminate  IV. Sober  V. Flagrant  VI. Squander 

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 32 | Tags: vocabulary     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given six words as answer choices and from the six choices you have to pick up appropriate answer/s, which will make the sentence meaningfully complete.

Ramesh said to Gita, "You _______ your money on expensive clothes. 

I. Dissipate 

II. Paid off 

III. Ruminate 

IV. Sober 

V. Flagrant 

VI. Squander 

1). Only I
2). Both II and V
3). I, II, III & VI
4). Both I and VI

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |

Correct option - 4

Let's find out the meaning of following words :-

Dissipate - waste or fritter away money, energy, or resources.

Paid off - having an advantage from something

Ruminate - to thing about someone/something deeply 

Sober - not affected by alcohol; not drunk.

Flagrant - an action that is considered wrong or immoral or obviously offensive.

Squander - waste something, especially money or time in a reckless and foolish manner.

Clearly, word "money" is related to I & VI. Hence, option 4 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.The outer layer of the cerebrum (part of the brain), composed of folded grey matter, plays an important role in the consciousness.

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. To reproach

3. What is the synonym of word .Publicise

4. What is the correct alternative of - Venu Gopal is the most laborious man whom I have ever seen.

5. in the given question a sentence has been divided into five parts. The question is followed by five options which give possible sequences of the rearranged parts. You must choose the option which gives the correct sequence. If the sentence is already arranged correctly, or if none of the given

6. India is ............... a tea?drinking country, with coffee ................. to the instant variety, except in the south.

7. A passage is given with five questions following it. Read the passage carefully and select the best answer to each question out of the given four alternatives. The saddest part of life lies not in the act of dying, but in failing to truly live while we are alive. Too many of us play small with our

8. (1) When Galileo went home, he began to experiment with the pendulum. (P) When he showed it to his teachers, they were delighted.(Q) It was not long before physicians were all using the instrument to count the heart-beats of their patients.(R) Soon he had invented an instrument which marked the rate of pulse- beats. (S) Then the clock makers began to use the pendulum to keep time.(6) Today it has many other uses.

9. Which among the following is/are the important component(s) of Fixed Cost?

10. 1. Optimism is not a deep , complicated philosophy. P. in some persons it is an inborn trait. Q. in fact , it is always taking a positive and bright view of life. R. It is more of a general attitude of life . S. They are tuned that way by nature and temperament. 6. However in most cases it is an acquired and nurtured habit .