ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 70 | Tags: spellings     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.
1). gorgeous
2). granduer
3). gratuitous
4). glutton

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Correct option - 2

Here, option 2 gives the incorrect spelling. Its correct spelling is grandeur. It means splendour and impressiveness, especially of appearance or style; high rank or social importance. $

Now, find the meaning of following options :-$

Gratuitous - Given or obtained without charge or payment; free; voluntary.

Glutton - A person who eats and drinks excessively or voraciously.

Thus, option 2 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the substitute of - A large number of fish swimming togather

2. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions. Governments have traditionally equated economic progress with steel mills and cement factories. While urban ce

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) My father suggested /(B) to me that I should /(C) be written /(D) to him at least two letters every month. /(E) No Error.

4. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which is opposite in meaning of the given word.  Defile 

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word Brittle

6. Barking up the wrong tree 

7. Rearrange the given six sentences/group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in a proper sequence so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the given questions.(A) These nuggets contain words of caution because many young middle-class Chinese who gear up during the nation?s glitte

8. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. Through the practice of repeated affirmations, we can make great progress on our chosen path and (increasing) our magnetism to succeed in anything.

9. Thought the Cold War has ended selective tactics are still continuing for ensuring the military and economic dominance of developed countries Various types of technology denial regimes are still being enforced which are now being mainly targeted against developing countries like India Today we in I

10. In the following questions you have a passage. In the following passage thereI are blanks , each of which has been numbered . These numbers are printed below the passage and against each four words are suggested , one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.