ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelled. Find the incorrectly spelled word.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 19 | Tags: spellings     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelled. Find the incorrectly spelled word.
1). Abscision 
2). Acuity 
3). Ambidextrous 
4). Amorphous 

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

Option 1 has error as the correct word is 'abscission' means 'the natural detachment of parts of a plant, typically dead leaves and ripe fruit'. Thus option 1 is the correct choice.$

Acuity => sharpness or keenness of thought, vision, or hearing.$

Ambidextrous => able to use the right and left hands equally well.$

Amorphous => without a clearly defined shape or form.$

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the meaning of idiom - The poor women do manual labour even when they are in the family way.

2. . In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentences. The making of false statements about someone in order to spoil their reputation

3. In the following passage there are blanks. each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank. appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. I wanted 4 (1) myself a sweater. When I asked my

4. What is the correct alternative of - Newspaper carried the first report of the plane crash of the Malaysian Airlines.

5. Select the word with the correct spelling.

6. To nip in the bud

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Susan said that she will /(A) try to attempt the task /(B) to the best of her ability. /(C) No error (D)

8. Read the following passage carefully and choose the most appropriate answer to the question out of the four alternatives. There is much to be said for the enlightened and systematic despotism of the utilitarian bureaucrats who built the British raj in this period. They brought peace, much developme

9. Study the following letter-number-symbol sequence carefully and answer the question given below:B D 5 F E 3 8 $ M 2 I K * P T @ U 9 A 7 1 ? H J 4 Q 6

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each "Tryst with Destiny" was a speech delivered by Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of independent India, to the Indian Constituent Assembly in Parliament, on 14th August 1947. It is