ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. Recently Steve had a car accident. So he put his car in the garage to carry out the repair work. Since he had to go to the job daily, he decided tha

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 29 | Tags: reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.

Recently Steve had a car accident. So he put his car in the garage to carry out the repair work. Since he had to go to the job daily, he decided that until the car is ready, he will travel by the metro train. One day, he noticed a homeless guy at the train station at night. He felt pity for him, so he gave him some change from his pocket.

The homeless guy thanked him for it. Next day again, he noticed the homeless guy at the same place. This time Steve thought to get him something to eat, so he went outside the station and brought him a meal. The homeless guy thanked him for his kindness. But Steve got curious and asked him, “How did you get to this point?”

The homeless guy looked up at him and with a smile, he said, “By showing love.” Steve didn’t understand it, so he asked him, “What do you mean by that?” The homeless guy replied that “Throughout my whole life, I made sure that everyone was happy. No matter what was going right or wrong in my life, I always helped everyone.”

Steve asked him, “Do you regret it?” To which the homeless man replied, “No, It just hurts my soul that the very people I gave the shirt off my back to wouldn’t give me a sleeve of that same shirt when I was in need. Son, It is better to build your own house and invite someone in for shelter than to hand them your bricks while you are building yours. Because one day you will turn around and look at the spot where you had planned to build your house. It will be an empty lot. Then you are the one looking for bricks.”

Steve understood what the homeless guy meant and thanked him for the good advice.

What is it that the author wants to convey through this story?

1). Sometimes it is better to share than give away.
2). Put yourself above everyone.
3). Sometimes it is fine even if you ignore who is in need.
4). All of the above.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |

The correct option is option 1.

It can be made out from the passage that the author is not trying to convey that you should not help others, it is just that you should be capable of helping yourself first before you can help and share with others.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' One of the base rule of driving is that person’s age should be at least 18.

2. Choose the word/group of words which is most opposite in meaning to the word/group of words printed in bold as used in the passage.

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. Chefs use these machines to mix the ingredients.

4. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - Rita said to me, " Will you lend me this classic " Rita asked me

5. In the following question, two columns are given containing three phrases each. In the first column, the phrases are A, B, and C, and in the second column, the phrases are D, E and F. A phrase from the first column, may or may not connect with a phrase from the second column to make a grammatically

6. What is the substitute of - Wild imagination

7. Read the following passage to answer the given questions based on it. Some words/ phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.?We have always known that heedless self interest was bad morals. We now know that it is bad economies,? said American President

8. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is correctly spelt. Select the correctly spelt word.

9. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each To know language is to be able to speak it; even a child who does not yet attend school can speak his or her language. In order to speak a language it is important to listen to it and to r

10. The bold part given in the sentence below is fixed and correct. Determine the part(s) in the remaining sentence which is/are free from error and mark the corresponding answer. Many nations lack a system of freehold land owning (A)/ and in others, the laws prevents (B)/ people of disadvantaged (C)/ groups from owning land at all. (D)