ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the question, a part of the sentence might have an error, Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from error, choose ‘No error’ as your answer. My teacher (1) did not object (2) to using me calculator. (3) No error (4)

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 515 | Tags: error spotting grammar     | error spotting     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the question, a part of the sentence might have an error, Find out which part of the sentence has an error. If a sentence is free from error, choose ‘No error’ as your answer.

My teacher (1) did not object (2) to using me calculator. (3) No error (4)

1). 1
2). 2
3). 3
4). No error

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |

Using’ is a gerund and the pronoun 'me' should be used before it.

Hence, the correct sentence would be My teacher did not object to me using the calculator.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The bold part given in the sentence below is fixed and correct. Determine the part(s) in the remaining sentence which is/are having any error and mark the corresponding answer. Walmart is betting on the future growth (A)/ and it can unlock (B)/ this full-frontal entry/ into a market that has proved (C)/ difficult despite its best attempts for over a decade. (D)/ No error (E) 

2. Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given for the following sentence, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change.  I had chosen to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.

3. Read the following passage carefnlly and answer the given question. Certain words have been given in bold to help you locate them while answering sonic of the questions.Once upon a time a Brahmin lived in a big city and as a result of his misdeeds in his previous birth, he became a thief. He saw fou

4. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) They exclaimed with delight that it /(B) was a very beautiful picture /(C) and said that they have never seen /(D) such a beautiful picture before. /(E) No Error.

5. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.(201) stringent antipollution laws, mass awarenes

6. What is the antonym or opposite of word Comrade

7. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.I had to stop all my work to complete this project.

8. The poet drew on his fancy not his knowledge of nature, when he wrote his poem on birds.

9. Select the antonym of : Anathema

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. The manager said, "I will not waste any further time and start the work today itself."