ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. It is a delight _______________ the illuminating thoughts which came to the minds of these men; and, on the other hand, it is a

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 32 | Tags: ssc     | ssc cgl     | ssc cgl tier 2     | ssc cgl 2017     | ssc cgl 06 09 2017     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. It is a delight _______________ the illuminating thoughts which came to the minds of these men; and, on the other hand, it is amusing to see how ________________ they launched ________________ on boundless seas when they were unprovided with chart and compass. They were _________ brilliant children, who know little of the dangers of the great world, but are ready to undertake anything. These philosophers regarded all knowledge as their province, and did __________ despair of governing so great a realm. They were _________ brilliant children, who know
1). too
2). like
3). that
4). so

SSC CGL Books

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
NA

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following sentence, one phrase has been printed in bold. Below the sentence, three meanings are given. Select the correct meaning of the phrase from the options given below. The cows were not producing enough milk and they also stopped lactating when the calf was not nursing. Not available at the right time. Not producing as much is required. Not belonging to any place or process

2. the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. Sahil said to me, "Where will you go this holiday?"

3. Rearrange the following six sentence/group of sentence (1),(2),(3),(4),(5)and (6) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; thenanswer the question given below:1.To his surprise, a little honeybee came before his throne and said, "Of all the gifts you could give me, only one will do. I'

4. Read the following passage to answer the given question based on it. Some words/phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Organized retail has ?fuelled? new growth categories like liquid hand wash, breakfast cereals and pet foods in the consumer goods

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.When I fail (1)/ to solve the problem myself (2)/ I unhesitatingly called for his help. (3)/ No error. (4).

6. What is the active/passive of - Si nce he had not done the preliminary work, we had to cancel the meeting.

7. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) My brother said that /(B) he preferred the white/(C) shirt than the black one/(D) which I usually wore./(E) No Error.

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Three years have passed (A)/ when sachin retired from cricket (B)/ and started promoting Kerala Blasters. (C)/No error (D)

9. What is the substitute of - All the arts, beliefs and social institutions etc. characteristic of a race

10. Two sentences are given below, each with a missing blank. Out of the given options, pick one word that fits both the blanks. (i) After the _______, he found himself to be losing in agony. (ii) The members need to learn from this _______ that careful consideration of actions is important in an organisation.