ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/Phrase. To put a spoke in one's wheel

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 37 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | ssc cgl tier 1 08 08 2017 shift 2     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/Phrase.
To put a spoke in one's wheel
1). To be a dvantageous at the time of difficulty
2). To maintain under all circumstances
3). To blame the other party
4). To put a difficulty in the w ay of progress

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
To put a difficulty in the w ay of progress

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (1+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Dissident

2. What is the synonym of word .ITINERANT

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. Optimistic in an apparently difficult situation

4. Four words are given, out of which only one word is spelt correctly. Choose the correctly spelt word and click the button corresponding to it.

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word AUTONOMY

6. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. I said to my friend, "Be careful, my dog may bite you."

7. My friend's father died ........... cancer.

8. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives.. Many plays and films have depicted the life story of Gautama Buddha, but what made the musical play The Way Across unique was its regional focus. Di

9. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical mistake/error in it. The error if any, will be in one part of the sentence. Mark the number of the part with error as your answer. II (here is ?No error, mark e:.

10. Fill in the blank with the correct word. The major _________ observed in Indian Disaster Management, along with their probable solutions need to be discussed on urgent basis.