ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. 'I don't know the answer. Do you'? She asked.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 50 | Tags: change of speech     | ssc cgl tier 1 11 08 2017 shift 2     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
'I don't know the answer. Do you'? She asked.
1). She asked me if I knew the answer which she didn't.
2). She said that she didn't know the answer and did I know it.
3). She said that she didn't know the answer and asked me if i did.
4). She told that she was not knowing the answer but wondered if I know.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
This question was asked some where in previous year papers of ssc, and correct answer was option 3

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The sentence has a blank indicating that something has been omitted: Choose the word that best fit the meaning of the sentence as a whole:

2. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. As expected, the array of presidential hopefuls for the 2020 U.S. election has widened considerably on the Democratic Party side, with at least eight candidates declared running, another six likely to run, and a fur

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which will improve the bracketed part of the sentence. In case no improvement is needed, select 'no improvement'. The battle (to rage) for some time.

4. 1. Even today in many countries P. neglected and there are far Q. women continue to be R. who have had the benefit of S. fewer, women than men6. education and vocational training.

5. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Only me I can solve the problem.

6. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).My mother is worried about my father's health and also I.

7. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.'  We hold the power of choice within us, even during the times we think there are none left.  A. hold the right to choose B. hold the ability of making a choice C. hold the capability of choosing 

8. Read the following given statements and arrange them in order in which they frame meaningful para .choose from the five alternatives one having the correct order of sentences.

9. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain words are given in bold to help you to locate them while answering some of the questions. Though the last twenty- ve years have seen China dazzle the world with its excellent economic performance it has shied away

10. The question below consists of two blanks. From the choices given below, pick the option that makes the sentence meaningfully complete. India's_______physical size, as also the fact of its_______society defies any attempt towards a neat capsuled presentation on any subject.