ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A company, at the time of inflation reduced the staff in the ratio 5 : 3 and average salary per employee is increased in the ratio 7 : 8. By doing so, the company saved Rs 55000. What was the initial expenditure (in Rs) of company?

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 279 | Tags: ratio and proportion     | ssc cgl tier 1 12 08 2017 shift 1     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | quantitative aptitude     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

A company, at the time of inflation reduced the staff in the ratio 5 : 3 and average salary per employee is increased in the ratio 7 : 8. By doing so, the company saved Rs 55000. What was the initial expenditure (in Rs) of company?
1). 155000
2). 160000
3). 175000
4). 215000

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Correct answer is: option 3

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. X is 5 ft tall and he notices that he casts a shadow that’s 3 ft long. He then measures that the shadow cast by his school building is 30 ft long. How tall is the building?

2. What number should be added to each of the numbers 55, 100, 65 and 116, so that the resulting numbers are in continued proportion?

3. The ratio of speed of three racers is 3 : 4 : 6. What is the ratio of time taken by the three racers to cover the same distance?

4. A policeman starts to chase a thief. When the thief goes 10 steps the policeman moves 8 steps. 5 steps of the policeman is equal to 7 steps of the thief. The ratio of the speeds of the policeman and the theif is

5. The ratio of the wages of Sunny and Mickey is 2 : 3 and the ratio of the wages of Mickey and Vicky is 7 : 8. If the product of the wages of Mickey and Vicky is 50400. Find the difference of the square of the wages of mickey and Sunny?

6.  If Rs. 510 be divided among A, B, C in such a way that A gets 2/3 of what B gets and B gets 1/4 of what C gets, then their shares are respectively:

7.  If an amount of Rs. 5,86,700 is distributed equally amongst 25 persons, then how much would each person get ?

8. If x:y = 5:6, then $(3x^{2}-2y^{2}):(y^{2}-x^{2})$ is

9. My grandfather was 9 times older than me 16 years ago. He will be 3 times of my age 8 years from now. Eight years ago, the ratio of my age to that of my grandfather was

10.  Find the numbers which are in the ratio 3:2:4 such that the sum of the first and the second added to the difference of the third and the second is 21.