ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

18 vote

A and B together can do a piece of work in 30 days. A having worked for 16 days, B finishes the remaining work alone in 44 days. In how many days shall B finish the whole work alone?

Asked on by | Votes 18 | Views: 662 | Tags: quantitative aptitude     | time and work     | Add Bounty

A and B together can do a piece of work in 30 days. A having worked for 16 days, B finishes the remaining work alone in 44 days. In how many days shall B finish the whole work alone?

A). 50 days

B). 60 days

C). 70 days

D). 80 days

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

17 vote
Answered by on | Votes 17 |

60 days

A + B’s 1 day’s work = 1/30 

i.e. A + B = 1/30 --------- (i) 

16 A + 44 B = 1 ------ (ii) ( i.e. 1 = the whole work done) 

Multiplying (i) by 16 and subtracting it from (ii), we get 

i.e. 16 A + 44 B = 1 

16 A + 16B = 8/15 

28 B =7/15 

B = 1/60 i.e. B’s 1 day’s work = 1/60 

Therefore, B alone can finish the work in 60 days.

Accepted Answer

Join Telegram Group

Other Questions

1.  There is a sufficient food for 200 men for 20 days after 15 days 100 men leave the place. For how many days will the rest of the food last for the rest of the men?

2.  A does a work in 10 days and B does the same work in 15 days. In how many days they together will do the same work?

3.  A can do a piece of work in 21 days and B in 28 days. Together they started the work and B left after 4 days. In how many days can A alone do the remaining work?

4. A, B and C can finish a job working alone in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. They all work together for 1 day, then A and B quit. How many days C working alone will take to finish the remaining part of the job?

5. The ratio of efficiencies of P, Q, R and S is 4 : 3 : 6 : 2. They all worked together for some time, except for Q who worked for only half the time as others. In total, they received an amount of Rs. 81000 for their work. What will be the share of S (in rupees)?

6. A can do 50% more work as B can do in the same time, B alone can do a piece of work in 20 hours. A, with help of B, can finish the same work in how many hours?

7.  A can finish a work in 18 days and B can do the work in 15 days. B worked for 10 days and left the job. In how many days, A alone can finish the remaining work

8. A can do a piece of work in 8 days and B can do it in 10 days separately. How many days would it take for both A and B to finish the same work together?

9. A work could be completed in 100 days by some workers. However, due to the absence of 10 workers, it was completed in 110 days.The original number of workers was :

10.  A and B can together finish a work in 30 days. They worked together for 20 days and then B left. After another 20 days, A finished he remaining work. In how many days A alone can finish the job?