ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. A punishment imposed for breaking a law, rule, or contract.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 55 | Tags: one word substitution     | ssc cgl tier 1 22 08 2017 shift 3     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 2017     | ssc cgl 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence.
A punishment imposed for breaking a law, rule, or contract.
1). Penalty
2). Reprieve
3). Grace
4). Amnesty

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Penalty : seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question out of the five alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase. Its an old trick I learned a long time ago, sometime I'll teach you, but right now we have a bigger fish to fry.

2. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. The shepherd guarded a large ________ of sheep and allowed them to move from pasture to pasture.

3. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. 'Do you want some more chocolates?' asked my cousin.

4. Find out the misspelt word

5. The question below consists of a set of labelled sentences. These sentences, when properly sequenced form a coherent paragraph. Select the most logical order of sentences from among the options. P: All have equal right to live in this world. Q: Men and animals, all are the children of God. R: S

6. What is the active/passive of - I am doing sums.

7. Direction: Read the passage and answer the following questions. Beyond the hype and glamor synonymous with the fashion industry are challenges that business owners face when trying to establish themselves in the sector. Competition in the fashion industry makes it difficult for small businesses to

8. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.  In the court of god we will be judged by our action and ______.

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the one which is opposite in meaning of the given word. Abysmal

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.By noon (1)/ the fog cleared (2)/ completely. (3)/ No error (4).