ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.To take someone somewhere suddenly and quickly

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 28 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 16th january 2017 shift 3     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.
To take someone somewhere suddenly and quickly
1). rush
2). whisk
3). fly
4). flit

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
whisk is the correct answer as per the ssc answer key

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the alternative that indicates 'No improvement.' The judiciary committee will be sanctioned by the President, in accordance to the section 2a of the law. A. As accordance to B. In accordance with C. According to

2. Select the phrase/connector which can be used to frame a single sentence from the given two sentences without changing the meaning. She wanted to focus on her work. She refused to go to the party. I. Wanting to focus II.Since she III.She refused to

3. In the following passage, there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case. Mankind has seen rapid (31) in the last 150 year

4. What is the antonym or opposite of word Negligent

5. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Though its gloss can (l)/ fool few unwary customers, (2)/ it wouldn’t be difficult for the clever ones to judge its real worth (3)/ No error. (4).

6. What is the antonym or opposite of word Safe

7. Rearrange the following six sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.A. I was pleased by their reaction.B. Writing my speech was easy, but I was unsure if I could motivate the employees to donate to th

8. I got used ............. on the right when I was in the U.S for two years.

9. In the following question out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Phrase/Idiom. Cry over spilt milk

10. We shall go for a picnic if the weather .......... good.