ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.I said to my sister, 'where were you this evening?'

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 38 | Tags: change of speech     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 31th january 2017 shift 1     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
I said to my sister, 'where were you this evening?'
1). I asked my sister where she was that evening.
2). I asked my sister where she had been that evening.
3). I asked my sister where she was this evening.
4). I asked my sister where she has been that evening.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
I asked my sister where she had been that evening. is the correct answer as per the ssc answer key

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the Idiom/ Phrase. A tough cookie

2. In the following sentence, a part of the sentence is underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose the option ‘No improvement’. Standard Chartered Bank has filed a

3. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

(A) Cattles /(B) were grazing /(C) in the meadows /(D) near our farm. /(E) No Error.

4. Some parts of the sentence have errors and some are correct. Find out which part has an error and mark that part as your answer. If there are no errors, mark ‘No error’ as your answer. Contrary to previous predictions, demand for sugarcane had not increased  in recent years.

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Pay careful attention. The pitiful situation of the homeless is a problem. To estimate the number of homeless people is difficult as it would depend on who we define

6. Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it or not. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part (which has the error) is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any. Ramesh thinks (1)/ every other person's burden (2)/ to be light and his own feathers (3)/ to heavy as lead. (4)/ No error (5). 

7. What is the substitute of - The study of ancient civilizations

8. A passage is given below with ten blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. The ___(A)___ of a mass rapid transit for New Delhi first em

9. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. In the faced paced lives, we are becoming increasingly distanced. This is happening despite the fact that the population of the country is only rising

10. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I may not beable (1)/ toattend (2)/ to the function. (3)/ No error (4).