ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.the lower jawbone in mammals and fishes

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: one word substitution     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 15th january 2017 shift 2     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase.
the lower jawbone in mammals and fishes
1). trunk
2). snout
3). beak
4). mandible

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
option 4 is the right one

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (3+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select 'No Error'.If you are in the wrong gears (A)/the car won't be (B)/able to climb the hill.(C)/No error(D)

2. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the words/sentence. Deriving pleasure from inflicting pain

3. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. My tooth-brush is a thing that haunts me when I’m travelling, and ____________ my life a misery. I _____________ that I haven

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Morality

5. In the following question, some part of the sentence may have errors. Find out which part of the sentence has an error and select the appropriate option. If a sentence is free from error, select ‘No Error’. When the self is not enlightened, (1)/ it is fundamental identified with the notion of (2)/ difference, unaware of its primordial unity. (3)/ No error (4)

6. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. Certain word/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.The men of Suvarnanagari were very lazy. They only liked to gossip and tell each other tall tales. As soon as the

7. What is the substitute of - A person who never takes alcoholic drinks

8. Read the following sentences to find out whether there is any grammatical error in them. The error, if any, will be in one part with the error as your answer. If there is no error, mark 'No error' as your answer. (Ignore the errors of conjuctions, if any)

9. Find out the misspelt word

10. Choose an appropriate word from the options to suitably fill the blank in the sentence below so that the sentence makes sense, both grammatically and contextually. If you ______ earlier we _____ to the rally, however, it’s too late now.