ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.Veer said, 'I was playing football'.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 72 | Tags: change of speech     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 12th january 2017 shift 3     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one, which best express the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech.
Veer said, 'I was playing football'.
1). Veer said he had been playing football.
2). Veer said he was playing football.
3). Veer said that, that he was playing football.
4). Veer said that he had been playing football.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Its tough but option 4 seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given.Do you ever feel there?s is a greater being inside of you bursting to get out? It is the voice that encourages you to really make something of your life. When you act congruently with that voice, it?s like your are a whole new perso

2. Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentences and click the button corresponding to it.Thing that can be felt or touched

3. Read the passage and answer the following questions. On 9 March 2018, the Supreme Court of India legalised passive euthanasia by means of the withdrawal of life support to patients in a permanent vegetative state. Euthanasia is not morally permissible because the dignity of

4. In each question below, four words printed in bold type are given. These are numbered a:, b:, c: and d:. One of these words printed in bold might either be wrongly spelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the word that is inappropriate or wrongly spelt. if any. The number of the word is your answer. If the words printed in bold are correctly spelt and appropriate in the context of the sentence then mark e: i.e. ?All Correct? as your answer.

5. 1. It was a different experience P. alone time is important Q. being away from home and spending R. altogether and I realized that 

6. In the following question, the sentence given with the blank to be filled with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. In the catastrophic earthquake, none in the area ________.

7. Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C), and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in ??bold?? in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (E) as the answer.

8. Fill in the blanks with the word that makes a logical meaning in both the sentences. 1. His fingers left a _________ of sweat on my wall so that can be helpful for your investigation.  2. He was a victim of a _________ campaign.

9. Fill up the blanks in the passage given be most appropriate word from the options given for each blanks:Although John Wisdom?s writings in Philosophy show clearly the influence of Wittgenstein, they nevertheless also display a(1) originality. Despite the (2) and difficulty of his style, a careful re

10. Each sentence below has a blank/s, each blank indicates that something has been omitted. Choose the word/s that best fit/s the meaning of the sentence as a whole