ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

Select the antonym of horrify

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 41 | Tags: antonyms     | english comprehension     | ssc chsl tier 1 8th january 2017 shift 1     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

Select the antonym of
horrify
1). affright
2). petrify
3). appall
4). soothe

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
Hello, soothe is correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The following sentences form a paragraph. The last sentence of the paragraph is given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as P, Q, R, S and T. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in a correct order. P.&

2. A sentence/a part of the sentence is underlined. Four alternatives are given to the underlined part which will improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it. In case no improvement is needed, click the button corresponding to 'No improvement'.His wife is as tall if not, taller than him.

3. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Fecund

4. What is the substitute of - Accidental good fortune

5. Directions : In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested. One of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appro

6. Read the following passage to answer the given questions based on it. Some words/ phrases are printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.?We have always known that heedless self interest was bad morals. We now know that it is bad economies,? said American President

7. Which of the phrases a:, b:, c: and d: given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and ?No correction is required?, mark e: as the answer.

8. In the following passage there are blanks each of which has been numbered: These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words/phrases are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case:I used to look (1) to the holidays. I was usu

9. Fill in the blank with the appropriate word. On Sundays I _____ have my breakfast in bed and spend the morning relaxing with a book.

10. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given below it. As a major producer of plastic waste that ends up in the oceans, India is arguably the best place to host World Environment Day. Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan has said the government means business, and th