ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statement:(I) All radios are electric goods.(II) All tablelampsare electric goods.Conclusions:(I) Some radios are tablelamps.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 21 | Tags: statement and conclusions     | reasoning     | ssc chsl tier 1 7th january 2017 shift 3     | ssc chsl tier 1 2016     | ssc chsl 2016     | ssc chsl     | Add Bounty

In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.
Statement:
(I) All radios are electric goods.
(II) All tablelamps
are electric goods.
Conclusions:
(I) Some radios are tablelamps.
1). Conclusion I follows
2). Conclusion II follows
3). Neither I nor II follows
4). Both I and II follows

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
it from previous year ssc papers, option 3 is the right answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (2+3)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Directions : In each of the question below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to assume everything in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the four given conclusions logically follows from the statements disregarding commonly known facts and select the appropriate answer.

2. Consider the given statement/s to be true and decide which of the given conclusions/assumptions can definitely be drawn from the given statement.Statement: Poverty is a symptom as well as a consequence of social disorder.Assumptions: I. Poverty is a type of social orderII. Poverty is related to social order

3. In the question a statement is given, followed by two arguments, I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true even if it seems to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given arguments, if any, is a strong argument. Statement : Should mango export be banned to bring down domestic prices? Argument I : Yes, environmentalists and dieticians too encourage eating only local fruits. Argument II : No, exports bring in valuable foreign currency.

4. In the following question, two statements are given each followed by two conclusions I and II. You have to consider the statement to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. You have to decide which of the given conclusions, if any, follows from the given statements.Statements:(I) All birds are trees.(II) Some trees are hens.Conclusion:(I) Some birds are hens.(II) Some hens are trees.

5. In each question below are three statements followed by two conclusions numbered Iand II. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the given statements disregar

6. Directions : In each of the question below are given four statements followed by four conclusions numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to assume everything in the statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the four given conclusions logically follows from the statements disregarding commonly known facts and select the appropriate answer.

7. Direction: In the following questions, the symbols $,@,#,^ and * are used with the following meaning as illustrated below. 'P $ Q' means 'P is not smaller than Q'. 'P @ Q' means 'P is neither smaller than nor equal to 'Q 'P # Q' means 'P is neither greater than nor equal to Q'. 'P ^ Q' means 'P

8. In each question below are two/three statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and 11. You have to Lake the given statements to be true even if they seem to he at variance from commonly known facts and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follow (s) from the statements disreg

9. In these question the symbols @,#,$,$$\bigstar$$ and % are used with different meanings as follows:?A @ B? means ?A is not smaller than B? ?A # B? means ?A is neither smaller than nor equal to B? ?A $ B? means ?A is neither greater than nor smaller than B??A $$\bigstar B? means ?A is not greater th

10. In the following question the symbols @, $$\bigstar$$,$ and % are used with the following meaning as illustrated below:?P$$\delta$$Q? means ?P is not smaller than Q? ?P$$\bigstar$$Q? means ?P is not greater than Q? ?P%Q? means ?P is neither greater than nor equal to Q? ?P$Q? means ?P is neither