ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

29 vote

Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Still remaining in the ancient castle (A)/ are the Duke's collection of early Dutch paintings (B)/ which will be donated to a museum. (C)/ No error (D)

Asked on by | Votes 29 | Views: 614 | Tags: spotting errors     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Find out which part of a sentence has an error.

Still remaining in the ancient castle (A)/ are the Duke's collection of early Dutch paintings (B)/ which will be donated to a museum. (C)/ No error (D)
1). A
2). B
3). C
4). D

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

32 vote
Answered by on | Votes 32 |

The subject of this sentence is ‘the Duke’s collection’ which is singular. Replace ‘are’ by ‘is’

Hence Option (B)

Accepted Answer

Join Telegram Group

Other Questions

1. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).Whenever I doubt about the meaning of a word, l look up my dictionary.

2. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The boy whostudies hard (1)/ he will pass (2)/ with flying colours. (3)/ No error (4).

3. A hot potato

4. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A person’s last performance

5. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. ______________ to my political rival's statement, the data reveals crime has not increased in this country.

6. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. I (have done) my exercises when keshav came to see me.

7. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. Silence is much more than the absence of sound; it is the ______ pre-existing entity in which God creates. It is the source to

8. Which of the phrase given against each sentence should replace the word/ phrase, given in bold in a sentence to make it grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is given and no correction is required, choose ?No correction required? as the answer.

9. In the following question, sentence given with blank is to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option.Fuel suppliers will ______________ the national oil shortage by raising prices to increase their bottom lines.

10. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice.When did Rohit return my bike?