ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.Modern man is imprisoned by his time-table and his routine. His life is all care and _____. He does not have _____ for anything but

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 26 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 16th august 2017 shift 3 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
Modern man is imprisoned by his time-table and his routine. His life is all care and _____. He does not have _____ for anything but his duties and occupation for _____ money. Men, in all _____ may have been prone to this disease and; indeed, we in India may not have been _____ by it to the extent that people in western countries have been.
His life is all care and _____.
1). wisdom
2). success
3). worry
4). anxiety

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

2 vote
Answered by on | Votes 2 |
option 3 is the answer

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which is opposite in meaning of the given word. Vista

2. Which of the phrases (A), (B), (C) and (D) given below should replace the phrase given in ??bold?? in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically correct ? If the sentence is correct as it is and no correction is required, mark (E) as the answer.

3. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. She has just handed over reams _______ her manuscripts to the archives of a university.

4. Go pear-shaped

5. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. The carpenters will take a month's time to make the furniture.

6. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.The hockey match (1)/ between India and Pakistan (2)/ was much exciting. (3)/ No error. (4).

7. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Select the incorrectly spelt word.

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.An experimental vaccine /(1) has brought /(2) glimmer of hope for malarial researcher. / (3) No error (4).

9. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence.(After he arrived) from office, he goes to gym.

10. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives. But before I could be inspired by these amazing people, I had to cleanse my feed. I know my weaknesses: just last week, Facebook memoriesreminded me