ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.Modern man is imprisoned by his time-table and his routine. His life is all care and _____. He does not have _____ for anything but

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 35 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 16th august 2017 shift 3 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following passage some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
Modern man is imprisoned by his time-table and his routine. His life is all care and _____. He does not have _____ for anything but his duties and occupation for _____ money. Men, in all _____ may have been prone to this disease and; indeed, we in India may not have been _____ by it to the extent that people in western countries have been.
we in India may not have been _____ by it to the extent that people in western countries have been.
1). infected
2). inflicted
3). accompanied
4). associate

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
inflicted

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+1)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Select the most appropriate option, out of the five options given for the following sentence, which in your view, should be grammatically and structurally correct. Please note that the meaning and the context of the sentence must not change.  I had chosen to call the Mahatma a critical insider for good reason.

2. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect speech. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/Direct speech. My mother said to my father, "I am very busy now."

3. Select the word with the correct spelling.

4. He didn' t tell me directly, but reading between the lines , I think he is riot happy with them

5. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions that follow the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Computer security is not a problem that technology can solve. Security solutions have a technological component, but security is fundamentally a peop

6. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. If fantasies could be real, everyone might have wanted an ______ cut-off point at which they could instantly block out all stre

7. Direction: In each of the following questions four words are given of which two words are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning. Find the two words which are most nearly the same or opposite in meaning and indicate the number of the correct letter combination, by darkening the appropriate oval in your answer sheet.

8. A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each question out of the four alternatives and click the button corresponding to it.Of the many changes that have taken place thanks to liberalisation, a major one is that today's youngsters ar

9. What is the correct alternative of - You know that our tongue and the elbow cannot touch each other.

10. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error if any will be in one part of the sentence, the number of that part will be the answer. If there is No error, the answer is e:. I.e. ?no error?. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any.)