ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. And then, a few glorious minutes ______________, it was time to reluctantly head ashore. ____________ time, the strokes were more

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 37 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 17th august 2017 shift 3 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
And then, a few glorious minutes ______________, it was time to reluctantly head ashore. ____________ time, the strokes were more fluid, the movements more relaxed. I turned back one last time ____________ hello to a clown fish, the reason why I came to the Andamans. As I watched, it played hide-and-seek _________ a sea anemone, before frisking away. Suddenly, I realised a kinship with the blue waters ___________ the Bay of Bengal.
kinship with the blue waters ___________ the Bay of Bengal.
1). for
2). from
3). to
4). of

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
right answer for this question is option 4

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, a sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active voice. Somebody told me that there had been a robbery in the jewellery exhibition.

2. Improve the bracketed part of the sentence. I kept quiet (in) some time and thought.

3. Suddenly the balloon goes up in the middle of the conversation.

4. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).The most important part in life is to be humble.

5. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions given. Certain words have been given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.We are told that economy is growing and that such growth benefits all of us. However, what you see is not what you always get. Most

6. Rearrange the following six sentences (A),(B),(C),(D),(E) and (F) in a proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph and answer the given questions. Sentence (F) is fixed to give a conclusion to the paragraph. A: Financial literacy helps individuals become self-sufficient so that they can achieve

7. What is the Indirect/Direct form of - My father said, " Honesty is the best policy.'

8. Thought the Cold War has ended selective tactics are still continuing for ensuring the military and economic dominance of developed countries Various types of technology denial regimes are still being enforced which are now being mainly targeted against developing countries like India Today we in I

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word similar in meaning to the word given. Exemption

10. in the given question a sentence has been divided into five parts. The question is followed by five options which give possible sequences of the rearranged parts. You must choose the option which gives the correct sequence. If the sentence is already arranged correctly, or if none of the given