ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives. The woodpeckers of the West (with one exception) are different _______________ those of the East, and so are the flycatchers, the

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 39 | Tags: cloze test     | english comprehension     | ssc cgl tier 1 19th august 2017 shift 1 2017     | Add Bounty

In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the four alternatives.
The woodpeckers of the West (with one exception) are different _______________ those of the East, and so are the flycatchers, the grosbeaks,the orioles, the tanagers, the humming-birds, _____________ many of the sparrows. ____________ of the purple and bronzed grackles (the latter are _______________ seen on the plains of Colorado, but are not common), the Rockies boast of Brewer's blackbird, _______________ habits are not as prosaic as his name would indicate.
(the latter are _______________ seen on the plains of Colorado
1). sometime
2). sometimes
3). at time
4). any time

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
sometimes : - option 2

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. The sentences given with blanks are to be filled with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. For each question, choose the correct alternative and click the button corresponding to it.A partial victory is sometimes all we can hope to _______.

2. Read the following passage carefully and choose the most appropriate answer to the question out of the five alternatives. Facebook’s data policy has come under fire after it emerged that more than 50 million users’ information was open to political exploitation. Facebook announced on We

3. Had I saved money, I .............. a new car.

4. In the following question, four words are given out of which one word is incorrectly spelt. Find the incorrectly spelt word.

5. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there Is no error, the answer is e: i.e. No Error?, (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if

6. In the following question, out of the five alternatives, select the alternative which is the best substitute of the phrase. A political leader who seeks support by appealing to their emotions rather than by using reasonable arguments. 

7. Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.Successfull people are genuinely v ery efficient in _____ their tasks.

8. In the following question, out of the given four alternatives, select the one which is opposite in meaning of the given word. Drawn

9. A majority of Indians prefer to use internet for accessing banking and other financial services than shopping online, show a new survey. Almost 57% of Indians respondents using the internet prefer to bank online and use other financial services due to hassle-free access and time saving feature of o

10. What is the correct altrnative of - If you will come with me I shall be happy.