ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

to smell a rat

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 27 | Tags: idioms and phrases     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/ phrase given in bold.
to smell a rat
1). to smell foul
2). to see a rat
3). to chase a rat
4). to be suspicious

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

1 vote
Answered by on | Votes 1 |
Its tough but option 4 seems correct

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+2)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I thought I knew London like the back of my hand but these new roads have confused me.

2. Which of the phrases a:, b:, c: and d: given below should replace the phrase given in bold in the following sentence to make the sentence grammatically meaningful and correct. If the sentence is correct as it is and No correction is required?, mark e: as the answer.

3. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. She has just handed over reams _______ her manuscripts to the archives of a university.

4. Below, a passage is given with ten blanks labelled (A)-(J). Below the passage, five options are given for each blank. Choose the word that fits each blank most appropriately in the context of the passage, and mark the corresponding answer. The lengthy communiqué from the leaders published at

5. For all his...............,he is a...........

6. Fill in the blanks with correct words. The thought of climbing 1,270 steps to the reach the 600-year-old temple of Lord Ananta Padmanabha Swamy _____ a steep hill at Padmabham mandal has been a ____ for many devotees for several years. 

7. Select the phrase/connector from the given three options which can be used to form a single sentence from the two sentences given below. Implying the same meaning as expressed in the statement sentences. It was a heartwarming movie. It showed her hometown in an authentically pleasing manner. i. Being heartwarming ii. The heartwarming movie playing iii. She loved the movie

8. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.Ram disappointed his mother (1)/ as he did not (2)/write to her very often. (3)/ No error (4).

9. In the following question, out of the four alternatives, select the word opposite in meaning to the word given. Supplant

10. In the following question, a sentence is given with a blank and is to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Five alternatives are suggested for the question. Choose the correct alternative out of the five and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Someone has _____ my pocket.