ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence. I thought I knew London like the back of my hand but these new roads have confused me.

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 28 | Tags: phrase or idiom meaning     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.

I thought I knew London like the back of my hand but these new roads have confused me.

1). Very familiar with something
2). The way one reads in books
3). Like it is shown in films
4). Well informed

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

3 vote
Answered by on | Votes 3 |
The idiom 'back of my hand' means 'to know something in details and be very familiar with it'. Thus option 1 is the correct answer.

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (4+5)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. What is the synonym of word .PACIFY

2. The following question consists of a sentence(s) with one blank only. You are given four words as answer choices and from the four choices you have to pick up two correct answers, either of which will make the sentence meaningfully complete. Kathy got fired because her work ethic was simply _________. A) Inconsolable B) Abysmal C) Woeful D) Eloquent

3. Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions. Certain words/phrases are given in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the questions.Until the 1960s boys spent longer and went further in school than girls, and were more likely to graduate from university. Now, across

4. In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. Read the passage carefully and select the correct answer for the given blank out of the given alternatives. It is important for citizens to __(1)__ (understand) the legal and ethical framework that guides the relationship between a sou

5. In this question, a part of the sentence is given in bold. Below are given alternatives to the bold part at 1, 2 and 3 which may improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed your answer is (4).We used to get up early in the morning, have breakfast and then went out to play.

6. The following sentences form a paragraph. The first and the fourth sentence of the paragraph are given. The rest of the sentences are numbered as P, Q, R and S and T. These five parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentences and choose the alternative that arranges them in correct ord

7. 1. I was proud of myself P. that finally I had the courage Q. my own business R. to quit my job and start

8. Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there Is no error, the answer is e: i.e. No Error?, (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if

9. Which of the phrases a, b, c, d given below each statement should be placed in the blank space provided so as to make a meaningful and grammatically correct sentence ? If none of the sentence is appropriate mark e, i,e ?None of these? as the answer.

10. In the following questions, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Language, they say, is the _____ through which human beings perceive the world. If so, English is perhaps the most _____ lens through which to see animals. It has _____ a cross eyed view of birds, beasts, fish and fowl. The very word "animal" can _____ the brutish and the sensual. Animal _____ imply baseness and vulgarity. Language, they say, is the _____ through which human beings perceive the world.