ExamCompetition Forum Question Papers Ask A Question Mock Test Learn & Earn Sign Up Login Menu

0 vote

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each My mom grew up in a traditional Chinese family in which open expressions of love were never encouraged. When she had me and my three siblings, she treated us with the same hard hand. It wa

Asked on by | Votes 0 | Views: 40 | Tags: ssc cgl tier1 27th september 2016 shift 1     | ssc cgl tier 1     | ssc cgl     | reading comprehension     | english comprehension     | Add Bounty

A passage is given with 5 questions following it. Read the passage carefully and choose the best answer to each
My mom grew up in a traditional Chinese family in which open expressions of love were never encouraged. When she had me and my three siblings, she treated us with the same hard hand. It was not that she was a slave driver or anything, but she never openly showed affection. Instead, she demonstrated that she cared in more practical ways.
My parents couldn't have been more different emotionally. My dad is a really openhearted person who constantly showers us with hugs and kisses no matter the occasion. After much persuasion from him, my mother did try to change, but it was clear that she never felt quite right expressing her emotions. Eventually, she reverted to her old self.
The difference between my parents was never starker than whenever I brought home good test results from school. My dad would practically jump with joy, offering warm and affectionate words of congratulations, and my mother? "Ah, good, good" she would typically say with a tense smile etched on her face. "Do better next time, OK?"
I tried not to hold a grudge against her for being so reserved. That was just her way. I reasoned.
Why was the narrator's mother not expressive of her love?
1). She was of Chinese origin
2). It was not her nature
3). She was a harsh person
4). The tradition at her home didn't allow her.

Share on Facebook      Share on Whatsapp       Share on Twitter

1 answers

0 vote
Answered by on | Votes 0 |
The tradition at her home didn't allow her. is the correct answer as per the ssc answer key

Join Telegram Group

Answer This Question

Name:
Email:
Answer :
Sum of (5+4)
Submit:

Other Questions

1. Rearrange the following six sentence (A),(B),(C),(D),(E) and (F) in the proper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph then answer the question given below them.(A)On touring the whole world and finding no couple who was perfectly happy, the young couple understood that it is very difficult to find

2. In the following sentence a of the sentence has been underlined. Below are given alternatives to the underlined part, which might improve the sentence.Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, choose option 5. His plan of foiling the whole party did not succeed and the evening turned out to be great for Lizzie. A. Scathing B. Exhorting C. Palliating

3. In the following passage, there are blanks each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each,five word are suggested one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.Day dreaming is often overlooked as a proper dream an

4. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. Some words may be highlighted for your attention. Read carefully. Euthanasia or mercy killing is the bringing about of the gentle death of a patient in the case of a painful, chronic and incurable disease. It is a p

5. What is the antonym or opposite of word Bleak

6. In the following question, the sentence given with blank to be filled in with an appropriate word. Select the correct alternative out of the four and indicate it by selecting the appropriate option. Various artists _______ the concept of Abstract art redundant.

7. Rearrange the given six sentences/group of sentences (A), (B), (C), (D), (E) and (F) in a proper sequence, so as to form a meaningful paragraph and then answer the given questions.A. Apart from these, the care provided in these facilities is also not up to the mark.B. For instance, in 2015, there wa

8. What is the synonym of word .Request

9. Find out which part of a sentence has an error.I went into (1)/ the bank and (2)/ withdrew some money. (3)/ No error (4) .

10. Read the passage given below and then answer the questions given below the passage. The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has a long and distinguished history of calling a spade a shovel. Its Trade and Development Report for this year, provocatively sub-titled&nb